"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Monday, December 13, 2010

3 days of 30 going on 13

Ever watched the movie "13 going on 30" where a 13 year old girl experiences life being 30? Well, the reverse happened to me for 3 days. Yes, I just hit the big 3 this year and it was a case of 30 going on 13!

I was a group facilitator for a group of teens at a church teens camp for 3 days. It was an awesome time of seeing God's amazing work in their lives! Being a teens facilitator requires me to have a young heart (and body!). The energy of the teens were simply contagious and I had the wildest time with them during games.

I am extremely thankful that my post pregnancy-post delivery-mummyhood battled body survived two nights of sleeping on a concrete floor using a sleeping bag. The teens chuckled when they saw me inflating my air pillow, which gave me little comfort in the total 7 hours of sleep I had for the two nights. I will seriously consider investing in an airbed for the next camp! E had suggested getting one for the camp but I was hesitant because of the cost haha.

More than anything else, I praise God and thank Him for reviving my heart for youth work through this camp. For a while since I became a mum, I was battling doubts over my availability and capacity as a youth leader. It was tough and I am so thankful for my pastor who never gave up believing in me. Through the camp, the Lord encouraged me and spoke to me clearly that my service to Him should always be a "dedication and not duty". He assured me that He still believed in me and will provide for all that I need as I do His work. I am reminded that He is as concerned about the journey and process of training me to lead, as much as getting the work done. I asked God to keep me faithful to His work always.
 
Han was extremely happy to have mummy back after 3 days at gramps. I am so thankful for my parents who took good care of her. Going to take a day of two's break and we'll say hello to potty training for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment