"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Moments in Malacca

We just returned from a 4 days 3 nights trip to Malacca! With this beautiful historic place just a 3 hours drive away, it's the umpteen time that E and I have been there, but it was Han's first. My mum came along too and we are thankful for a good time of fellowship and a nice relaxing few days of family bonding! Thankful for my dad's MPV that was very comfortable to travel in!

Han was very excited to be in the car for a long drive. She is pretty much ok with road trips as this is her third one, with the first and second being Genting and Kuala Lumpur respectively. I think she is pretty soothed by the scenic drive and comfortable car seat. Knowing how excited she is for the trip, I guess it should not be too much of a surprise that she woke up at 6am+ on the second morning and was already jumping like a monkey in her portable playpen! Thankfully she slept better for the second and third night!

My most memorable moment was seeing this:


It was in the evening after some shopping and a meal at Jusco and I was so in awe of God's creative masterpiece in this simply awesome sunset. What an amazing array of colours in a perfect blend of beauty! How awesome is God!

Malacca has a lot of nice authentic eating places. My favorite would be Bei Zhan.


Malacca has her own share of famed authentic local fare, but we love Bei Zhan for it's reasonably-priced, super delicious Chinese cuisine. Of course, it's important that the place is child friendly and it's a nice environment to dine in! Worth a definite try when you are there!

Lastly, I'm so glad to announce that Han has successfully had her haircut today! My mum was babysitting her while E and I had a day with the teens. It must be the magic of gramps and her persuasion power. Regardless, we are so thankful Han has had a haircut and I do hope it grows out nicely for the new year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment