"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Calling Out to the Father

"Daaaaaaaaddddyyy!"

Recently Han is beginning to call out to E whenever she wakes up in the morning or after her nap...or whenever she feels like it. It's an endearing "Daaaaaaddy!" that melts the hearts of both E and me. It's probably due to the fact that E is on leave from work these few weeks and his increased presence and time spent with Han! When E is working, Han will usually ask for me when she wakes up, "Mummy where??". It's a nice change nonetheless! Speaking of which I am very thankful to E for being very involved in spending time with Han and helping to offload me during his leave.I am extremely thankful for him!

When I ponder about Han's calling out for E, I then ask myself, "How often do I call out to God our Father?" When Han calls out for E, it is with a sure expectation that her daddy will surely respond just like how he always does. Do I call out to God with the same faith and certainty? Do I call out to God as often? I am blessed to be reminded!

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

"It's impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him." (Hebrews 11:6, The Message Bible) 

God cares enough to respond to us when we call out in faith! Now's that's an awesome truth that I want to embrace always and I pray that as Christmas approaches, it will lead us to draw nearer to God the Father and to what Christmas is really all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment