"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jump for Jesus!

Han REALLY loves to dance and sing. I mean REALLY! She has recently started to hum (correctly) to the tunes of her favorite songs and even sing along (to some degree of accuracy). I'm very proud of her as a mum and I celebrate this gifting that God has given to her!

Han does not really like puzzles. Now we all know that puzzles are supposed to aid in the logical and analytical side of her development. For a while, I must confess that I was slightly affected by her lack of interest in puzzles and was getting concerned about this part of her development. I began to even fear for her placing in the country's education system that emphasizes quite a bit on math and science. Of course, I am not accepting that she is not going to survive the system when she goes to school, but I must confess that I was quite concerned about this issue.

Recently I am reading "Parenting from Surviving to Thriving" by Charles Swindoll. In one of the earlier chapters, he encouraged parents to recognize the giftings that God has blessed your child with and to celebrate and nurture that gifting. I was very much reminded again that Han love for music and dancing, and being able to read and speak well are indeed  gifts that God has endowed upon her. I ought to celebrate and nurture them! (and not be too overly focused on what's lacking whatsoever)

At the service last week, we praised the Lord with a song that involved us jumping for Jesus. Han simply went crazy with joy and she was just jumping around during the praise time! She was even more ecstatic when she saw fellow worshipers of the Lord jumping for Jesus!

So jump for Jesus Han! We celebrate you and all that God has given to you and more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment