"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mummy, it's REST TIME!

 Sounds Familiar?

Taken from babyblues.com
Yesterday I implemented a "Rest Time" into Han's routine. It's after her learning time in the afternoon. I didn't really deliberately plan to implement this. It was more of a tired mummy me by late afternoon and I much needed to stop talking (to a toddler that LOVES talking) and just sit down on the couch. So I declared (with all enthusiasm), "It's REST TIME!"

Rules for Rest Time:

1. Han to sit with mummy on couch. No getting down the couch.

2. Han can only read her books in the books basket placed on the couch. If she's tired, she may lie down to rest or just sit and be still.

3. It's not chat time with mummy. It's rest time.

I played some music softly, then plonked Han and myself on the couch. I then found myself a book to read.

I am very proud of Han! We had Rest Time for 30 mins. She only attempted to get off the couch for two times. Not bad considering it's a first time. She entertained herself with her books and snuggled to me trying to read MY book when she got bored. Not bad.. To me, Rest Time is different from Self Play Time, which Han has every morning. During Rest Time, I hope she will learn to just sit still and rest. I really have to thank Gkidz for teaching Han about the concept of resting in God. Yay! I so thank God!


Today, right after our Learning Time, Han announced (much to my surprise!), "It's Rest Time!" 

Knowing me and my tendency to always plow on without stopping at times, this is indeed a gem in our day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this concept of a rest time! Fantastic idea :) And Han is such a good girl to be able to sit down for 30mins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx dearie! learned it from our church's sunday school. Very gd for Han esp since she's an active toddler:) Very gd for me too hahaha:)

    ReplyDelete