"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Her Reality of Consequences

Seems like many interesting conversations and lessons are taking place at the food court, our daily morning place for a good breakfast.

Han saw the cleaner mopping the floor and was observing her intently. Han is no stranger to the idea of cleaning the floor as she sees me doing that everyday. And then she said: "Uncle (actually it was an aunty who was wearing a cap) mopping floor..Hannah cannot walk...Hannah will fall down." I nearly choked on my food as I heard that. Besides being one of the longer sentences that she has been churning out, it was to me, a sentence of profound meaning! What Han said reflected that not only did she understood the reality of consequences (if she were to walk on wet floors), but she was able to retain that idea and articulate it out in another similar setting! Wow!

I am very encouraged because this means each time there is a need to explain consequences of actions or  discipline,  I know that she can fully understand and she's able to apply it to similar situations the next time (I hope this continues!)! All those times of reiterating caution and instructions have not been in vain after all:)

I continue to pray that she has a teachable and soft heart that she may walk in the ways of the Lord always!

No comments:

Post a Comment