"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Songs to God

This devotion really spoke to me.

"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music IN YOUR HEART to the Lord..." Ephesians 5:19

In our household, having praise and worship songs played on the CD player is no rarity. I take extra effort to surround our house with lots of praise and worship songs in order to instill in Han a love for His music. When I was reading the verse above, I was very struck by the three words "in your heart". God reminded me that songs to Him must be first made in our hearts way before it comes from our mouths. What is a praise and worship song to Him if we sing it, without first rendering that praise and worship from our hearts to God?

I can play an endless list of songs to Him from my player or even from my guitar, but I know what delights the Father is first a song that starts in my heart and offered to Him with all sweetness of my soul because He is God.

Lord, help me to daily have a song in my heart for You and to You, always giving thanks for EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment