"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What To Munch for Lunch?

Taken from babyblues.com

Lunchtime for me is always challenging in terms of thinking of how and what to eat. It's the time of the day when Han is napping and it's out of the question for me to pop outside for even a quick meal. So over time, I have gotten used to the following options:

1) Sliced bread with a spread / homemade sandwich
2) Leftover porridge from Han's lunch
3) Re-heated meal bought in the morning at the food court (many times not available if  I'm down for an early breakfast with Han) 
4) Cereal and milk
5) Fast food delivery (yucks, hate this option unless I'm seriously desperate!)
6) Leftover food from previous day's dinner

My favorite is option number...... 6. It may be leftover food, but it's home-cooked and hot and yummy! Having a daily freshly-cooked meal for lunch is one of the things I gave up when I stopped working outside!

In any case, I do not place much emphasis on my lunch as I would rather use the precious 2 hours to spend time with God, rest or do some net-surfing!

If only there's such a thing as dial-a-hot-freshly-cooked-non fast food-taste like homecooked lunch...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mabel, hv u considered buying a small crockpot to stew 1) chicken with mushroom 2) chicken with potatoes & carrots 3) veg - carrots, cabbage & potatoes 4) black mushroom with scallops (mushroom mixed with water chestnut juice squeezed out) 5) chicken with dried scallops & hardboiled eggs put in 15mins b4 u eat with rice? U can marinate it with oyster sauce, sesame oil, a little light soya sauce & masterfoods garlic powder (lots). That will leave u time for other things :) Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harriet, thanks for your suggestions! They sound really yummy n easy to make! I really love chinese food n look forward to trying them out! Thanks again! Mabel:)

    ReplyDelete