"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm A Student Again!

When I was young, I love languages and running. Reading books and running around everywhere (yes, they seem like contradictory interests right?) were my favorite things in the world. These are the two areas I had loads of interest in and I think I did pretty ok in them! It is then no surprise that I am very enthusiastic about reading to Han and running around with her, going for walks etc. Not much of a steep learning curve for me until...

During one of our art learning time, we were doodling happily with crayons and I was just randomly drawing some easy stuff for her like a flower, clouds, the sun, moon starts etc. Then in a very highly expecting sort of tone, Han insisted I draw this:


It cannot be just a tiger, it has to be TIGGER. I managed to do a decent one using a picture as a guide, and I just knew the days ahead will hold more challenges! I began to feel especially regretful about my fail in art as a student, but oh well :)

Some time later, a kind soul gave us this.


Han was very excited to use the chopsticks I gave her as drum sticks and she beat on the drums in a sort of attempting- to- play- it way.

I got to learn to play the drums! At least in a can-engage-a toddler-correct and interesting beat way!

Then it dawned on me that with this around,

my learning curve just did a vertical arising once more!. (the only instrument I know how to play is the guitar) I need crash courses!

Isn't it sweet and funny at the same time we parents are willing to learn what we do not know in order to let our children know the hows of what we don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment